Downtown Development Commission (DDC)
- 2nd Thursday of each month - We are currently holding meetings virtually, which can be viewed on WebEx. The link to each meeting will be posted monthly on the City's homepage in News and Announcements.
- 9:00 a.m.
- City Hall
57 N Liberty Street
Cumberland, MD 21502
Executive Director - Melinda Kelleher
||January 01, 2021 - January 01, 2024|
|Sandi Saville (Chair)
||Primary||2||January 01, 2021 - July 01, 2023|
|Bob Mayhew||Primary||3||October 6, 2020 - October 06, 2023|
|Primary||4||January 01, 2021 - January 01, 2024|
|Leigh Ann Sipple||Primary||5||January 01, 2021 - July 01, 2023|
|Lori Lepley||Primary||6||February 19, 2019 - July 01, 2022|
||Primary||7||January 01, 2021 - January 01, 2024|
|John Buchanan||Primary||8||January 01, 2021 - July 01, 2023|
|Secondary||1||January 01, 2021 - January 1, 2024|
||Secondary||2||July 31, 2019 - July 31, 2022|
|Rhiannon Morgret||Secondary||3||July 31, 2019 - July 31, 2022|
|Laurie Marchini||Council Representative - Non-voting member|
The DDC was established in 1981 for the following purposes:
- Oversee the promotion of Cumberland’s Historic City Center Pedestrian Mall as a vibrant community and tourist destination for shopping, dining and entertainment.
- Provide maintenance for the Mall to ensure it remains a clean and safe environment for local citizens and visitors.
- Create and execute special events on the Mall to highlight Cumberland’s Historic City Center and to drive foot traffic for local businesses (Annual Christmas Tree Lighting, Annual NYE Ball Drop/Fireworks).
- Coordinate outside special events to highlight Cumberland’s Historic City Center and to drive foot traffic for local businesses (Car Shows, Pride Festival, Food and Music Events).
- Serve as a resource for local businesses for promotion, public relations, special events and other needs.
- The Downtown Development Commission (DDC) is comprised of a thirteen member Commission composed of not less than nine members who are property and business owners located within the Primary Taxing District, three members from the Secondary Taxing District and an additional member appointed from the general population of the City. Terms are three years.
- Additional member must be a resident of the City of Cumberland and may be a property owner within the Special Taxing District
- A member of the City Council participates in meetings and serves as a liaison between the DDC and City Council, but holds no voting privileges.