Cumberland’s Annual July 4th Fireworks Display will return to Constitution Park. Starfire Corporation of Carrolltown, PA is under contract to provide the show. The scheduled time to begin the show is 9:30p.m.
With the return of the fireworks to the park the following changes to daily operations will be made:
1. Constitution Park Pool – The park pool WILL be open with special holiday hours - 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Everyone must be clear of the pool and concession area by 3:30 p.m.
2. The main parking lot will be closed the entire day!
3. At 4 p.m. the park will be closed to Thru Traffic. Barricades and cones will close the area in and around the firing site.
4. Change to traffic patterns for Pavilions – Grove 4 for Pavilions 3, 4, 5, &6 – (The road across from the Tennis Courts) Access will be from the Willowbrook Road area by Pine Avenue to Reynolds St., Rizer Avenue, and Dirks St. to Fort Ave. Pavilions 1&2 – Enter and exit the park following the traffic flow from the Williams Street side of the park to Parkview Avenue.
5. The Handicapped Picnic Area, gazebo, and restrooms nest to the pool will be closed and vacated at 4 p.m.
The Annual July 4th Concert with “The Potomac Concert Band” will be held at the Festival Grounds of Canal Place. The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. The Festival Grounds offer a good area for viewing the Fireworks following the concert. The Shops at Canal Place will be open for the evening.
“The Masons” will perform earlier in the afternoon at Historic City Center on the Downtown Mall beginning at 4p.m.
Rock Gap will be hosting Fireworks for the local area on Friday July 3, at 9:30 p.m.