Cumberland’s annual July 4th Fireworks Display will be held at Constitution Park on Tuesday evening, July 4th beginning at 9:30 p.m. Starfire Corporation of Carrolltown, PA has once again been contracted to provide the show.
In order to ensure the safety of all involved, the following changes to daily operations at the Park will occur on Tuesday, July 4th:
1. Constitution Park Pool will be open on Tuesday, July 4, with special holiday hours from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The pool and concession area will be cleared of all visitors by 3:00 p.m.
2. The main parking lot located between the pool and the ball field will be closed the entire day.
3. Beginning at 4:00 p.m., the Park will be closed to thru-traffic. Barricades and cones will close the area in and around the firing site.
4. Beginning at 4:00 p.m., the handicap picnic area, gazebo, and restrooms next to the pool will be closed and vacated
5. Beginning at 8:30 p.m., entrance into Constitution Park via Pine Avenue will be closed.
6. A change to traffic patterns for Pavilions 1 and 2 will occur. Please enter and exit the park following the traffic flow from the Williams Street side of the Park to Parkview Avenue.
7. A change to traffic patterns will occur for Pavilions 3, 4, 5 and 6 (accessed from the road across from the tennis courts). Access to these pavilions will be from Willowbrook Road to Pine Avenue to Reynolds Street to Rizer Avenue to Dirks Street to Fort Avenue.
The City of Cumberland would like to request the cooperation of visitors to the Constitution Park in following these guidelines to ensure a safe and enjoyable Fourth of July celebration for all.
Questions regarding this matter may be directed to Diane Johnson, Director of Parks and Recreation, at 301-759-6636.