On Tuesday, November 7, 2017, the Mayor and City Council of Cumberland will begin their open session public meeting at 5:00 p.m. on the second floor of City Hall for the purpose of immediately closing the meeting for an executive session pursuant to Sections 3-305(b) (7) and (9) of the General Provisions Article of the Annotated Code of Maryland to discuss legal issues relative to CSX bridge repairs and to discuss issues pertaining to negotiations with the IAFF Local #1715.
At 6:15 p.m. the Mayor and City Council will reconvene into Open Session.
The agenda for the public meeting is as follows:
Mayor and City Council of Cumberland
City Hall Council Chambers
I. CLOSED SESSION – 5:00 P.M.
(A) Convene in open session for the purpose of closing the meeting for an Executive Session pursuant to Sections 3-305(b) (7) and (9) of the General Provisions Article of the Annotated Code of Maryland to discuss legal issues relative to CSX bridge repairs and to discuss issues pertaining to negotiations with the IAFF Local #1715.
(B) Executive Session
II. RECONVENE INTO OPEN SESSION – 6:15 P.M.
III. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. ROLL CALL
(A)Proclaiming November 25, 2017 as Small Business Saturday
VI. CERTIFICATES, AWARDS AND PRESENTATIONS
(A)Presentation from Delegate Mike McKay summarizing the 2017 Annapolis Legislative Session
VII. DIRECTOR'S REPORT
(A) Public Works
1. Maintenance Division monthly report for September, 2017
2. Engineering Division monthly report for October 2017
VIII. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Approval of the Regular Session Minutes of October 3 and 17, 2017
IX. NEW BUSINESS
(A) Orders (Consent Agenda)
1. Order declaring a 2007 Sterling L-7500 Vac-Con (VIN No. 2FZAATDC47AX53295) to be surplus equipment and authorizing it for sale or trade-in
2. Order authorizing the purchase of a Vac-Con Combination Sewer Cleaner from Atlantic Machinery, Inc. through the NJPA (National Joint Power Alliance) Purchasing Cooperative Contract 022014-AMI for the amount not to exceed $351,420 to include a trade in value of $15,000 for the existing 2007 Vac-Con machine
3. Order authorizing the appointment of Brian K. Grim to the Affirmative Action Committee effective this date to fill the seat previously held by Nicole (Wagoner) Alt-Myers
4. Order authorizing the Fire Chief to execute Employee Training and Reimbursement Agreements with City Firefighters Daniel Breeding and Andrew Brown stating terms for their attendance at training to allow them to accompany the CERT Team on calls, and terms for their reimbursement to the City for that training in the event of their termination from City employment
5. Order authorizing the acceptance of $120,000 in Community Parks and Playgrounds Grant Funding for the "Cumberland and Allegany College Softball Field Project," authorizing the Mayor and City Administrator to execute documentation relative to the grant, and approving FY 2018 Budget Adjustments to reflect acceptance of the grant funding
6. Order accepting the proposal of Tradition Energy to supply a 36-month fixed price electricity supply for the City's Maryland accounts at $0.0491 per kWh and Pennsylvania accounts at $0.0484 per kWh for the term of November 1, 2019 - October 31, 2022 pending final review of pricing and contract documents, and authoring the Mayor and/or City Administrator to sign documentation to finalize the contracts
X. PUBLIC COMMENTS
All public comments are limited to 5 minutes per person